1. Grow themselves: You are your greatest asset. Leaders work to become the next best version of themselves.
2. Break behavior patterns: Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
3. Ask questions: Get to the "why" behind the "what".
4. Guide change: Change is always difficult, so lead strong and shepherd well.
5. Define the problem, not the answer: Show your team the target and let them work.
6. Take criticism: Feedback is essential, so be open to it.
7. Fight for resources: You must be the resource champion for your team.
8. Protect: Build essential trust by protecting your team when needed.
9. Battle uncertainty: Uncertainty drives confusion and kills momentum. Leaders clarify.
10. Maintain discipline: Great leaders drive the flywheel of aggregate marginal gains.
11. Empower people: Get great people and empower them to do their jobs.
12. Cast vision: Vision is the lifeblood of momentum and progress.
13. Listen: Never forget to listen to those you lead. Sometimes that's all they need.
14. Instill confidence: Be the chief cheerleader. If not you, who will cheer them on when times are tough?
15. Help draw out the truth: There may be nothing of more value than truth. Find it.
16. Define what's important: Focus is essential. Your team must know what matters.
17. Authentically care: People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. Seriously, it's true.
18. Shape norms: Be the champion of "how we do things around here". This creates culture.
19. Have difficult conversations: It's just your job. Do it. Nobody else will.